Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tall Is Beautiful

This afternoon I saw an amazingly beautiful woman on the subway. She was very tall with dark skin. I don't know how tall she was, but she towered over me. In fact, her head almost touched the ceiling of the subway exit. She and I both rode the G-train from Metropolitan to Myrtle-Willoughby, and I wish I'd had a reason to talk to her. She was captivating.

I think tall women who carry themselves well are some of the most beautiful people in the world. I have a friend from college who stands taller then most women, and she is one of the most gracious and lovely women I've met. Some people who are tall (both men and women) slouch over and seem to be attempting to blend in with short, average, or just semi-tall people.

But I say, if you are tall, carry yourself with amour-propre and confidence! That is beautiful!

On a related note, I am currently trying to work on my posture. I tend to slouch. In making this new attempt, I have noticed that most chairs are not designed for good posture (especially subway benches), but I would like to do what I can to remedy my posture problem nonetheless. If anyone has suggestions on how to improve posture, send me a note. I'd love advice.

That being said, I feel I should also say: if you are of average height (or short or semi-tall for that matter- heck, I say this to anyone), carry yourself with amour-propre and confidence! That is beautiful!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

You should try yoga for better posture-it really works! There are some good vidcasts that you can download on itunes if you are weirded out by a yoga class experience.

David and Sherry said...

If you hold in your abdomen and breathe using your diaphram it really helps. Thanks for reminding me. MOM