Friday, July 25, 2008

Lyme

One of my favorite customers is Rachel. Rachel is cute and perky and she laughs a lot. She has a great smile and her hair is always in two small side ponytails. Rachel doesn't come into the store daily, but we see her from time to time and I always enjoy our happily raucous conversations.

Recently Rachel was spending a lot of time in Connecticut for a theatre event she was involved with, so we hadn't seen her in the store much. When she returned I asked her about her time away. Our conversation went something like this:

Matthew: Hey Rachel! How did things go in Connecticut?

Rachel: Things went really well. Oh, but there were a lot of ticks there.

Matthew: Those are nasty. I spent a lot of time in the country growing up and sometimes the dogs would get big, juicy ticks on them that would have to be pulled off.

Rachel: Yeah, one of the cats got Lyme Disease.

Matthew: Oh no! Did you have to put it down?

Rachel: What?!?!?

Matthew: Did you have to put the cat down?

Rachel: No, I said cast. One of the cast got Lyme Disease!


Maybe I should start considering Miracle Ear...

No comments: