Saturday, July 12, 2008

Rain

When I was visiting New York last summer, I tried to take everything in. One of the new experiences I had was being rained on by air conditioners as I walked down the streets. The condensation from the air conditioners falls in drops from apartment windows onto the sidewalk below. I actually found this to be a somewhat endearing aspect of summer in the city.

Recently I mentioned this to a fellow resident and I'm pretty sure they thought that was an odd thing to enjoy. And I have noticed a change in my own attitude towards this "a.c. rain"- perhaps not incredibly repulsed by it, but not really liking it as I once had...

This morning I was walking to work and some of the "rain" fell from a window unit up above onto my lower lip.

That was not endearing.

That was gross.

But I had to laugh about it. As Melinda wrote in a text message, "Haha! Oh the perils of city living."