Thursday, July 31, 2008

Another Good Day

Today was a muggy, hazy day in New York. Thankfully, the air conditioner unit was repaired at our store overnight last night, so by this afternoon we had cool air again. We've been without a.c. for about a month. I know it isn't a necessity, but it sure is nice.

I introduced myself to some more customers today and hope to remember their names. It was kind of fun to make that connection with them. One of our regulars, who I haven't officially met, has been a biker for 30 years (I think she said 30, or maybe 20- either way, quite awhile), and she was in the store today with bruises on her face. She said she had her first wreck and had broken her nose. We have discussed biking before. She reminded me to wear my helmet when I ride. It was a good reminder. I do wear a helmet when I ride. Oh, and I saw Jodi Foster today. That was fun.
My roommate Greg came back from over two weeks of visiting his girlfriend in New Mexico. He was supposed to bring his dog Moby back with him, however, the temperatures were too hot in the cities he was flying through, so they would not allow Moby to fly. I'm not sure when he will get here. Our third housemate Sarah should be moving in within a few weeks as well.

The lease at our new apartment begins on Friday, so Greg and I moved a few of my belongings over this evening. I have a few things to get in order here, but I will be ready to move by August 1st. My coffee table is in the new place, which basically leaves my desk and clothes to move, along with a few other odds and ends. The space we're moving into is larger than our current apartment, so we don't have much furniture at this point. That will come in time. Below is a picture of our common space. The kitchen is around the corner. I may put some other pictures online after we get moved in.

This evening some of the community members stopped by our current apartment to welcome Greg back to the City and to celebrate his new teaching position. He just got hired today and it isn't too far from our neighborhood.

All-in-all it was another good day.

2 comments:

DP said...

Hey Matt! Neat that you're seeing all of those famous people in your store.
Have you seen anyone do this yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKEeHREK2nQ

David and Sherry said...

It looks like a nice place that you are moving into. We don't know if your present place was that nice or not. We don't think we ever saw pictures of it from the inside anyway. That's ok, you seem like you are pretty busy. We love you. MOM & DAD