Sunday, February 24, 2008

Anonymity...or not

One of the dangers of living in a city the size of New York is the potential for anonymity and isolation. Of course, these are dangers anywhere, but perhaps the potential seems to be greater there than other places I've lived. As I have mentioned in a previous post, God has been gracious to pave the way for me in this move so that I am already connected to multiple people in the City.

Last night I attended a large going away party, which my family hosted in El Dorado. There were so many members of my extended family there, along with many hometown friends. They were all so kind to me. They were also great to remind me to keep my eyes on Jesus as I move and to honor Him. This morning I've been thinking about them, their lives, and their kind and wise words. I am reminded of the wonderful friends and family that I am moving away from.

I just wanted to write this post to mention that God keeps His eyes on me. I don't mean that in the context of, "Watch out!!! God is watching you!!!!!" I mean, He is watching over me and watching out for me. He is faithful and kind to me, despite the times I have not been or am not faithful or kind to Him.

My little brother and his wife wrote the following verse in a card to me:
"See I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared." - Exodus 23:20

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
K said...

Hey Matt! It's great to hear how things are going for you! We're pring for you as you get settled- having just been through that ourselves it can be a challenge but exciting! Sometimes we don't realize just how connected to people we are until we leave.

BTW I think you've got some spammers commenting- you might want to change your settings so random people can't post like that. :)