Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sick

I have had a cold for a couple of days. Just a cold, thankfully. Co-workers at both jobs have been dropping like flies from the flu, bronchitis, etc... Today I was leaving work, feeling exhausted (and tired of feeling exhausted) and knowing I needed to go home and take a nap (which would take away from my time to do other badly needed tasks), and I thought, "These are the days when living in New York is going to suck." At least today I could get in my car, drive for 5-10 minutes, and be home. In a month, I may have to walk multiple blocks, wait for a subway train, ride for 10-20 minutes, switch trains for another 10 minutes, then walk 2 1/2 blocks to get home.

I still want to move. This is just a reality check for me.

Some blessings to count in this:

1. I'm sick this week, and, Lord-willing, not next week when I'm trying to finalize everything, or the week after when I'm trying to adjust to a new city and get in touch with potential employers.


2. I have the resources to get some amazing meds for a cold. Zicam is my friend. (http://www.zicam.com/)





I use the nasal gel. The mouth spray is gross! Okay, so putting gel in your nose is also gross...but at least it doesn't taste gross.

(If you are wary of drugs, you can check out others' thoughts about this with a Google search. http://www.consumerreports.org/ cited lawsuits against the company for loss of smell.)

3. I slept for 2 1/2 hours and felt much better after that.

1 comment:

Janelle and Ella said...

Hope you feel better soon!! That sounds like exactly what is happening around here. Everybody I know has the flu! It's crazy. So far the Lord has protected us.