Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Turkey Legs

One of my annual traditions in Wichita was eating a turkey leg from the Food Court at The Wichita River Festival every May. Co-workers from Youth Horizons and I would take off together for lunch during the week and eat some good grub. These turkey legs were huge and delicious and almost more than one can handle. The River Festival is happening this week in Wichita, and I am a bit sad to miss out on that. I hope the YH staff will be continuing the tradition. If you're in Wichita this week, enjoy the Festival!!

After our yard work today, I received a wonderful surprise. Jason was grilling a turkey for dinner, and there were two big turkey legs on that bird. He took one and I took the other. The legs weren't quite as big as River Festival legs, but they were delicious, and I was able to enjoy the tradition from a remote location.

No comments: