Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My First NYC Rally

Monday was an interesting day for me. First, I was able to transfer to a corner Starbucks cafe in Greenwich Village (an area of New York I love). The manager was friendly and I am hoping for a good experience there.



Second, I attended a very interesting rally in Union Square that was meant to raise awareness of Human Trafficking in hopes of putting an end to it. I was on the subway in Brooklyn and I saw a young man walking through the car handing out literature, so I started reading the paper, hoping to deter him from approaching me. He was not detered and got my attention anyway. The postcard he handed me told about the rally and since I was going to be in the area that day, I decided to check it out. I had never been to Union Square. As it turns out, I was very glad I went. The rally was put on by YWAM (Youth With A Mission), but they gave information on a lot of organizations working with this issue. I will add another entry here soon about Human Trafficking, with more information about it.

2 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

This is so cool! I love that you are now blogging from NYC!! Woohoo! We need to talk. I want to hear all about it and how you are feeling and all that stuff.

Stacy said...

Matt,

Check out www.stopthetraffik.org

They petition the UN and have had good success!

My students gave a report on it.

By the way... did I tell you I stayed at the YWAM facilities here in Uganda? Very nice.