Thursday, August 21, 2008

Professional Baseball Can Be Fun! Who Knew?

I went to my first New York Mets game a week or two ago. It was a blast. We had seats WAY up at the top of Shea Stadium (in Queens). They are building a new stadium, so this is the last season to see the team play in Shea before it is torn down. The Yankees (in The Bronx) are also building a new stadium, so I really want to get to a game there this season, as well.

I think I could be a fan of a NY baseball team. In principle, I'm not a professional baseball fan, but it's fun when you are actually in the stadium and people are excited to be there. The only other pro-baseball game I've attended was a KC Royals game when I was in college. The KSU Men's Glee Club sang the National Anthem before the game, and that was exciting, but the game wasn't incredible and I didn't have many friends there at the time, so it wasn't one of my favorite events.

Here is a video I took of a home run. That was a blast to celebrate! High energy!! In the video you'll see and hear Alissa, Melinda and Peter. Peter got our tickets for us....hooray for Peter!



My plan is to try and get to a Yankee's game and then decide whether I'm more of a Yankees or a Mets fan. We'll see what happens!

No comments: