Monday, August 25, 2008

PDA?

I know it is boring to wait for the subway.

I know it is good to find ways to keep oneself occupied while waiting for the subway. There are various common options, such as reading the paper or a magazine (I recommend The New Yorker), listening to music or podcasts (with your earphones in, please), or having a quiet conversation with your friends.

I know one perk of being in a romantic relationship is having someone who can pick at your acne and blemishes without shame. (And let's be honest here... even if we've had to do it ourselves, we've all picked at our acne.)

But perhaps, just maybe, picking at your significant other's shoulder acne is something best left for a more private place- NOT the subway platform.

I was standing on the platform at Hoyt-Schermerhorn, enjoying some free music downloads from iTunes while waiting on the G-train, when I looked over to see this normal, clean-looking guy rolling up his shirt sleeves and picking at his shoulders. Then his girlfriend started in on it. And it wasn't just one spot. They kept at it for awhile.

Ew. Don't they own iPods? Or subscribe to some magazine? Or have relational issues to discuss? I mean really... did they have to do that in public?

Weird.

2 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

EW, is right!

Jill Pole said...

Hi Matt - just dropping by to say, "hi!" I'd still like to talk with you about living in NYC! I'm applying to Columbia and NYU for next fall. We'll see what God has in store! :-)
Dee Anne