Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Biking Again

I finally took my bike out for a ride after months of watching it sit idly in my apartment. I've been building up to this for a few weeks now and finally decided it was time. Two weeks ago I went on two short runs and afterwards my left heel was in quite a bit of pain. My heel is better now, but I know that biking doesn't hurt my heel, so it seems like that's a good alternative for exercise.

Last night I came home exhausted from the day and sat down in the living room where my roommate was watching TV. Without much warning I fell asleep on the couch. My roommate put a blanket on me and left me alone, and a thunderstorm woke me up a little before 5:00 a.m. Since I was up I decided to check a few things online (I am currently job-hunting) and by 5:45 the rain had stopped and it looked like it would stay dry for awhile. That was when I decided to grab the bike and head out.

Fortunately, Prospect Park is a short bike ride from my apartment and there are beautiful paths that pass through trees and around a large meadow and lake, so I decided to try that and I loved it. It was beautiful and quiet, and traffic was light so early in the morning. I hope this will be the re-start of habitual biking for me.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Hey, thanks for the post about those books! I bought one for my friend's birthday, a friend who happens to like both Jane Austen AND zombies!
Hope you find a job!

gmh said...

Good to hear from you again, Matt! That pic is not from 4 days ago, but it gives a good idea of how Prospect Park can look before the leaves are out!