Tuesday, April 22, 2008

All of My Customers Are Stars to Me

Today a woman came into our cafe, and I thought she looked familiar, but I couldn't place her. I was thinking she must be a regular that I don't see every day. Later I realized that it was Tatum O'Neal, an actress who holds the record for being the youngest person ever to win an Academy Award. At the age of 10 she won the 1974 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Paper Moon. It struck me today that I am having trouble telling the difference between famous people who have come in and just customers who are familiar. I guess my mind just knows that I've seen them before, and it has to take time to sort out where. Anyway, it was a funny thing to me. In my Starbucks eyes, all of our customers are stars. ;-)

No comments: